Professional, reliable & tailored to your needs
We recognise that all almshouses are unique, with their own founding aims and values, adapted over the years to embrace the needs of the community they serve as well as housing and charity legislation.
Therefore we work closely with trustees and board members to agree a bespoke service which ensures each almshouse continues to provide safe, comfortable and well-maintained accommodation for residents.
Our services include:
- Ensuring occupants are protected by compliance with current fire, electrical and health and safety regulations
- Responsibility for appointing and supervising local reliable contractors for service, maintenance and repairs
Our services (cont)
- A full and transparent financial service, including corporate governance, accounts and book keeping, rent collection, paying contractors, and preparing interim financial reports and annual accounts, all in accordance with RICS rules and regulations
- General administrative support
- Ensuring open communication at all times, including arranging and attending meetings with trustees, board members and residents
- Upkeep of communal gardens, sweeping and litter-picking in communal areas and dealing with any issues arising from refuse or fly tipping
- Undertaking routine inspections of the almshouses, to ensure all is on order both internally and externally
- Cleaning communal areas such as corridors, staircases, hallways and windows
- Pest control
- Arranging buildings insurance, including specialist insurance, and dealing with claims
Our services (cont)
- Maintaining car parks and footpaths, plus internal and external lighting in communal areas
- Winter gritting
- Ensuring drainage, sewers and pumps are in good order
- Maintaining fencing and signage
- Re-decoration of communal areas/ exteriors
- Overseeing the specifications, tender process and instruction of any major works and projects, as well as working with any professionals appointed to carry them out
Our staff are all local and get to know each almshouse well, providing a constant and knowledgeable point of contact for residents. Queries and issues are dealt with promptly and courteously, and trustees and board members can relax in knowledge that their responsibilities are being fulfilled.